If you don’t have time and need a quick meal then you have to try this soup! You can also increase the recipe quantity then freeze it in individual containers and take it to work.
This recipe should make 4 Servings
This is what you will need
- 1/4 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 2 large or medium chicken breasts, cut strips
- 1 cup of water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, minced or chopped
- Fresh oregano (to taste)
- Some fresh basil
- A dash of salt and pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth (optional for a flavour boost)
- Cook rice according to package instruction.
- In a separate pot, heat the chicken broth and water over medium heat and add the bay leaf.
- Once reached boiling add vegetables and chicken.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked (about 7 to 9 minutes).
- Add garlic, spices and brown rice and simmer for 3 more minutes.
- Enjoy and leave us your comment below once you try it
Some Average Nutrition Facts
Total Fat 1.6g
Total Carb 12g