Sometimes your trade is in profit and you need take some of it off then move your SL (stop-loss) to BE (break even) and leave the rest to run risk-free, Here is a step by step on how to you close part of your order on mt4 (metatrader 4)
- Go to the Trade tab in your mt4 terminal
- Double click on the order you want to modify, in your case closing part of the order.
- Am order window will pop up.
- On the second row there in a volume field, type in the amount you wish to close from the total amount of that order’s position or you can select from the drop down menu.
- Once you put in the amount you decided to close from the total order click on the yellow button, it’s usually the last one and says Click the yellow ‘Close # bla bla bla’ buy/sell.