If you have been told to take in vitamin A, it’s for your own good. And if you’re far convinced from doing so, you simply need to remember the following:
1. Your body needs it. In general, you have to take in vitamin A because your body requires it. Thus, even if you don’t want it, if you want to keep yourself healthy, you should do so.
2. It prevents you from suffering eye deficiencies. Even if studies prove that vitamin A deficiency is uncommon in the United States, there are still millions who are. Without enough vitamin A, you can suffer from night blindness and impaired vision. It would not be long before you’re going to start wearing contact lenses and those bothersome eyeglasses. It will also limit the kinds of activities and even jobs that you can do. For example, if you’re planning to work in an airline as a steward, you have to make sure that you have 20/20 vision.
3. It keeps your cells healthy. Vitamin A can retain the moisture in the membranes of your cells so that they don’t get easily damaged. This will also prevent viruses, bacteria, and other harmful microorganisms from attacking your cells.
4. You can prevent your eyes from suffering dryness. There are times when your tear ducts will go dry and stop producing lubrication. When this happens, it can cause irritation to your conjunctiva. To bring back the moisture, take vitamin A.
5. Vitamin A can bring back your hair. To keep things simple, vitamin A is not only helpful when it comes to maintenance of your eyes but also of your skin and hair. If you’re suffering from hair loss or going bald, you can increase your vitamin A intake, and you can stop your hair problems from getting worse.
6. You can eliminate skin disorders. If your doctor is recommending you to take topical creams with vitamin A, don’t question. After all, this nutrient is very useful in treating different skin conditions, including severe acne and psoriasis.
7. It acts as defense against bacterial infection. Because of it can protect the walls of your cells, there is no bacteria or virus that can lead to different infectious diseases. It’s also for this reason that this vitamin is highly suggested for those who are suffering from HIV, AIDS, measles, respiratory problems, and a whole lot more. All you need to do is to increase your vitamin intake, and recovery will come very fast.
8. It prevents fast development of cancer. Cancer is one of the most dangerous illnesses you can ever have. It’s normally caused by free radicals or toxins in your body. Vitamin A contains antioxidant properties that can help get rid of these toxins. It can also slow down the growth of your tumours or the multiplication of cells that cause leukaemia.
9. It makes you young. With vitamin A, you can slow down the ageing process. It will take a long time before you can see fine lines and wrinkles all over your skin, thanks to moisture retention.
10. Vitamin A keeps your heart healthy. Recent studies reveal that vitamin A prevents the development of coronary heart diseases.