Life will always begin at 40 but it doesn’t mean that you have to look that age too. Men may not be as conscious about their appearance as women, but they can still be victims of “the wrong age.” Moreover, looking young has plenty of advantages. For one, it can increase your self-confidence. Second, you will feel healthier and happier. Third, it gives you the hope that you can still do a lot of things.
The question, however, is how you can do it without spending so much. All it needs is a little ingenuity. Here are the many ways on how you can cut 10 years out of your age now:
1. Moisturise your skin. Moisturising is not only meant for women but for men too. It’s one of the best ways on how you can avoid your skin from drying, which will then change the colour to something dull. Moreover, when you moisturise, make sure that you can include the rest of your body, such as the hands. There are a lot of creams and toners that are meant for men. Since you are encouraged to do this over and over, you may pick one that is handy, something that you can bring when you’re on the road.
2. Keep your face really clean. Some guys want to wear beards and long hair for the simple reason that they look pretty cool. But they don’t, once you reach 40 years old. Get rid of your facial hair by shaving. If you don’t want, you can just have them trimmed. Also, if you’re not comfortable with doing this on your own, you may want to go to a salon and have a professional do it for you.
3. Put on sunscreen. It’s more than vanity. You should not make your skin highly susceptible to the harmful UV rays of the sun, or else, it will just cause you to suffer premature wrinkles and sunspots. Worse, you may even develop skin cancer. There are a lot of sunscreen lotions that you can find in the market, but it’s better to settle for 15 and above. You should also use it every time you go out.
4. Keep away those puffy eyes. Stress definitely has a way of making you look very old—in fact, you can add more years to your age. One of them is to give you puffy eyes or dark circles underneath your eyes. Fortunately, there are already a number of products that will not only hide but also get rid of them.
5. Sleep well. Ensure that you can have enough rest and sleep. This means giving yourself at least 6 hours of deep and undisturbed sleep. This will give your body ample time to heal and feel relaxed. You will also feel refreshed once you wake up. Most of all, you don’t mess up with your metabolism. It tends to get slower when you lack sleep.
6. Exercise. It doesn’t only tone your muscles and remove excess fats especially in the belly, but it also improves the condition of the heart. You may also want to pair this with proper diet, filled with fruits and vegetables. This way, you can flush out toxins that will introduce diseases.
Image provided by
© Graphics1976 | Dreamstime.com